Thursday, November 3, 2016

New Nets cards for first time in Nothing But Nets History!

Well, sort of. For the first time since I started this team blog, I visited a local card source, and added some Nets cards. I did get the box of 2016-17 Hoops later the same night I launched the blog, but I'm saving the cards from the Hoops set for a different post that I can't do just yet...as I need to add a card from the set first.

But how about checking out some of the cards I DID get?
 The Highlight Zone insert is from 2003-04 Topps, one of my favorite Topps flagships. This insert is all holofoil, and I got a bit of a bonus- a Ricky Davis card from the same insert was stuck to the back of it and I didn't even realize it, I also needed it for my set so it worked out well. Not too many cards that show the throwback jersey.
 This Brilliance insert is from 2013-14 Panini Prizm, my favorite of the shortly to be 5 years of Prizm. This is card #25 in the set, final card. Because he had just joined the Nets that year they used a posed photo instead of an action photo.
This Joe Johnson card is from 2014-15 Panini Excalibur, a Target-exclusive set. The Crusade insert runs 200 cards, and this is the Teal parallel, serially numbered to 35 copies. It didn't scan well, but it uses the Prizm technology. I was disappointed when the Nets got rid of Joe Johnson. He is an excellent player, even now in his 16th season. The back of the card incorrectly states that 2002-03 was his rookie season, but it was actually 2001-02.

While this final card is not truly a Nets card, as it's a multi-subject card, I will share it anyway.
It's the sticker from 1973-74 Topps. Instead of giving you both versions of one team on each sticker, they mixed and matched. I am still looking for the one that has the Nets logo. It is paired with the pennant for the San Diego Conquistadors. These stickers don't come up too often, but in the past year I've gotten about a dozen of them.

You can see some highlights of the other cards I got by visiting my main blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment